Available, delivery time 2-5 days
Tinned copper fluted moulds specially designed for making Canelés, Bordeaux's famous cakes. Purely traditional shape and materials. Can also be used to make original design cupcakes. Can be used for cold forming. Perfect heat diffusion and caramelisation thanks to copper.
- Ø 4,5 cm H= 4,2 cm V = 30 ml
- Excellent cooking results for authentic Canelés.
- Thick tin layer for professional use.
- Do not heat above 230°C (melting point of tin). Not suitable for the microwave oven.
- Regular re-tinning.
- Tinned inner surface: hand wash with a non-abrasive sponge.
- Outer surface in copper: clean with a special copper polish.
- Not dishwasher-safe.
- Best heat conductor: uniform distribution and ideal transmission of heat.
- Allows greater control of the cooking environment.
- Preserves the natural colour of fruit: jams do not brown.
- Large flat bottom: very stable pan even on a gas burner.
- Rounded angle formed by the skirt and flat bottom: allows you to work all the mixture; easy maintenance.
- Cast-iron handles: easy handling; safe use.
- Open rolled edge: hygienic; no protruding edge.
- Care: soak. Easy cleaning with a special copper polish paste.
- Dishwasher-safe but without alkaline detergent cleaning.
- Suitable for all cooktops EXCEPT induction.
The nobility of copper in the kitchen arts is not only die to its warm and colourful looks, but also and essentially to its capacity to conduct heat, which makes copper pans idel for delicate preparations, such as sauces.
To clean copper, use a special easy-to-use-paste, preferable after each use. For the inner stainless steel or tin-plated surfaces, wash in the ordinary way. Cleaning in the dishwasher is not recommended because dishwasher liquids contain high levels of chlorine.
Copper is an exeptional metal, an extraordinary conductor of heat, particularly suitable for French cooking and reducing. However, copper should not be in direct contact with most foods: as a result it is used in combination with another metal (for the inside of the pans).
Tin-plated copper: The traditional tin-plating process guarantees a thick enough coating of tin for professional use. The lenght of time the pan can be used before being replated is therefor longer. But beware: do not heat to over 260°C.
Polished outer finish, smooth or hammered effect.
0 of 0 reviews